The 2nd wave of COVID-19 has been extremely harsh on India. As lakhs of people got affected by the mutated variant of the virus, the country witnessed a very gloomy state of affairs with the healthcare system struggling to cater to the ever growing numbers of those requiring critical care. As thousands succumbed to the more severe infection this year, families across the country are struggling to cope with the painful loss of loved ones, colleagues, and friends.
In this hour of grief and testing times, it is imperative to stand by each other and the Reliance Group is doing just that. Offering financial respite to bereaved family members of employees deceased during the pandemic, the conglomerate has announced the Reliance Family Support and Welfare scheme.
Mukesh Ambani – Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries and Nita Ambani – Chairperson and Founder of Reliance Foundation shed light on the scope of the scheme, “As ‘One Reliance Family’, each one’s loss is irreplaceable and bears heavily on our collective consciousness. While nothing can compensate for the loss of a loved one, we remain committed to helping each member of their family cope through this difficult period with faith and fortitude. If there is one common, unifying thread that runs through everything we do at Reliance, it is simply this – We care and we attach the highest importance to employee care.
The scheme will ensure that the memories and hard work of the departed employees are cherished for a very long time. Under the Reliance Family Support and Welfare scheme:
- Reliance will continue to provide the last drawn monthly salary to the nominee for 5 years
- The company will provide 100 per cent payment of tuition fee, hostel accommodation and book fee up to bachelor’s degree at any institute in India, for all children
- Reliance will bear 100 per cent payment of premium for hospitalization coverage for spouse, parents and children (till the bachelor’s degree of the children)
- 5 year’s salary to the family of employees
- 10 lakh each to family of off-roll employees
- Vaccines for all employees and their fmaily
- Further, all colleagues affected by COVID-19 personally or within their family can avail the special COVID-Leave for the full duration of their recovery, both physically and emotionally. This leave policy is extended to ensure that the colleagues only focus on recovering fully or caring for their family members
In a letter addressed to the employees of Reliance Group, Mukesh Ambani wrote, “Dear colleague, even though these times may seem very bleak, always remember that you are not alone and the entire institution of Reliance stands with each one of you and your family. Let us not give up on that fighting spirit, because surely there are better days ahead for all of us. Until that time comes, we pray that our bereaving families find the strength they need to cope through their loss.”
Although nothing can heal the wounds created by the loss of a loved one, financial support and the spirit of togetherness can surely help in coping with the struggles of life.