The Newsfeed

Non-local dies of suffocation in Sopore, another hospitalized


SOPORE: A non-local died while another one was hospitalised due to suffocation caused by a gas leak in Sopore town of North Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Tuesday.

An official said that the non-local died while his colleague was hospitalised after suffocation caused by a gas leak when they were sleeping in a truck in Fruit Mandi Sopore. The deceased has been identified as Rakesh Kumar and another one, who has been shifted to SDH Sopore has been identified as Anwesh Kumar. “They were residents of the Gurdaspur locality of Punjab.” The official said they were ascertaining further details regarding the same.


The Dispatch is present across a number of social media platforms. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for exciting videos; join us on Facebook, Intagram and Twitter for quick updates and discussions. We are also available on the Telegram. Follow us on Pinterest for thousands of pictures and graphics. We care to respond to text messages on WhatsApp at 8082480136 [No calls accepted]. To contribute an article or pitch a story idea, write to us at [email protected] |Click to know more about The Dispatch, our standards and policies