Old Delhi’s ‘Mohabbat ka Sharbat’ or ‘Pyaar Ishq Mohabbat Sharbat’ is a famous summer quencher, especially during the month of Ramzan. It has become a landmark in Purani Delhi.
The ‘Mohabbat ka Sharbat’ is a unique and popular concoction of watermelon chunks and rose flavoured milk. You can easily find carts selling this ‘watermelon mocktail’ for Rs 10, outside Jama Masjid, Delhi, during Summers.
You can make it at the comfort of your home, in simple and quick steps:
- Watermelon – finely chopped
- Watermelon juice
- Rose Syrup (RoohAfza or similar)
- Chashni/sugar syrup/powdered sugar
- Skimmed Milk
- Pink Rose Petals
- Ice cubes
- Chopped Dry nuts (Pistachios and Almonds) – for garnishing
- Take a bowl and add watermelon chunks and juice, ice cubes, skimmed milk, rose syrup,
- sugar syrup/powdered sugar, and chopped rose petals. Give a nice stir.
- Take a serving glass and pour the sharbat. Garnish it with chopped dry nuts.
- Delicious ‘Mohabbat Ka Sharbat | Watermelon Mocktail’ is ready to be served.