Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government is all set to hold Global Investor Summit 2020 in the Union Territory in the month May this year despite the several challenges after abrogation of article.
Below mention points reveals everything about upcoming Jammu and Kashmir Global Investor Summit 2020:
- J&K government kicked off the first road show for the summit in India from the IT city of Bengaluru besides the one at Kolkata.
- The government will also hold road shows in other locations such as Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad to attract investors.
- The summit programmes will be divided between the locations of Jammu and Srinagar.
- However, exact dates yet to be announced.
- The summit will focus on 14 sectors such as film tourism, horticulture and post harvest management, agro and food processing, milk, poultry, fisheries and wool production, herbal and medicinal plants, agriculture and mulberry production for silk, health and pharmaceutical, manufacturing, IT and ITES, infrastructure and real estate, renewable energy and education and skill development.
- J&K government has identified more than 6000 acres of land bank for industries at competitive price for investors.
- The land identified across suitable locations in J&K, close to airports, highways and rail links.
- During this Pre-Summit Investors’ meet & curtain-raiser, a state film along with the focus sector profiles and policies were introduced.
- The different policies included Film Policy 2020, Education Investment Policy, Real Estate Policy 2020, Hydropower and Renewable Energy 2020, Wool Processing, Handloom and Handicraft Policy 2020, Healthcare and AYUSH Care Investment Policy 2020, Poultry Policy 2020, IT and ITES policy 2020 etc.
- J&K govt in coordination with the Centre will spend Rs 2,000 crore to upgrade infrastructure for tourists
- The government has received investment proposals worth Rs 20,000 crore.
- J&K Government is developing 2 IT parks.
- J&K with the focus on the theme: Explore (the opportunities in industries and infrastructure, policies in the region), Invest (in the new and existing investment options); Grow (prosper via incentives and strategic advantages in key sectors).
- The investor’s summit was earlier scheduled to take place in October last year. However, it was postponed due to shutdown in the Valley following the abrogation of Article 370.