India rejects Imran broadcast, challenges him to act against Jaish

"It is a well-known fact that Jaish-e-Mohammad and its leader Masood Azhar are based in Pakistan. These should be sufficient proof for Pakistan to take action," an official statement from the Ministry of External Affairs here said.

0
166
  • 27
    Shares

NEW DELHI: Even as Imran Khan ‘offered’ support to India to probe Pulwama attack and claimed that his government takes ‘action if evidence” is provided, India on Tuesday outright rejected his radio broadcast and pointed out that Pakistan Prime Minister failed to even condemn the heinous act.
“We are not surprised that the Prime Minister of Pakistan refuses to acknowledge the attack on our security forces in Pulwama as an act of terrorism. Prime Minister of Pakistan has neither chosen to condemn this heinous act nor condoled with the bereaved families,” an official statement from the Ministry of External Affairs here said.
Throwing a virtual challenge to authorities in Pakistan – whom India has sought to ‘isolate’ in the comity of nations aftermath Pulwama attack – the MEA statement said Imran Khan regime should take action against Jaish-e-Mohammad and its leader Masood Azhar.
“It is a well-known fact that Jaish-e-Mohammad and its leader Masood Azhar are based in Pakistan. These should be sufficient proof for Pakistan to take action,” an official statement from the Ministry of External Affairs here said.

Earlier in a radio broadcast and breaking his five-day long silence, Mr Khan said – “Pakistan offers full support for any investigation in Pulwama. I guarantee action on this”.
He had also said – “It is in our interest that nobody from our soil spreads violence. I want to tell Indian government that we will take action if evidence is found against anyone from Pakistan”.
Not surprisingly in its hard hitting statement, the MEA said “Disclaiming any link between the terrorist attack and Pakistan is an oft-repeated excuse by Pakistan. The Pakistani Prime Minister has ignored claims made by the Jaish-e-Mohammad, as well as by the terrorist, who perpetrated this heinous crime”.
“Pakistan Prime Minister has offered to investigate the matter if India provides proof. This is a lame excuse. In the horrific attack in Mumbai on 26/11, proof was provided to Pakistan. Despite this, the case has not progressed for the last more than 10 years. Likewise, on the terror attack on Pathankot airbase, there has been no progress. Promises of “guaranteed action” ring hollow given the track record of Pakistan,” the statement said.
Ridiculing Khan’s repeated reference to ‘Naya Pakistan’ in as many words, the statement said – “In this “Naya Pakistan”, Ministers of the current Government publicly share platforms with terrorists like Hafeez Saeed who have been proscribed by the United Nations”.
In yet another clear snub, the statement said – “Pakistan claims to be the greatest victim of terrorism. This is far from truth. The international community is well acquainted with the reality that Pakistan is the nerve center of terrorism”.
The MEA statement said – “Promises of “guaranteed action” ring hollow given the track record of Pakistan”.
“Pakistan’s Prime Minister has called for dialogue and expressed his readiness to talk about terrorism. India has repeatedly stated that it is ready to engage in a comprehensive bilateral dialogue in an atmosphere free from terror and violence,” the statement said.
Imran Khan’s radio broadcast and Indian foreign ministry’s statement came on a day Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud arrives New Delhi for a two-day visit.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here