The Lead The Newsfeed

Boy accidentally swallows toothbrush; gets it removed after 6 hours

JAMMU: A 29-year-old person Friday morning accidently swallowed a toothbrush while brushing his teeth in Akhnoor Jammu. The person was operated upon by a doctor at Jammu and the oral hygiene instrument removed from his stomach after six hours.

Detailing out the incident, Dr. Khalid Mehmood, working as a senior doctor at Asia Gastro Liver and Endoscopy Centre, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu, said that he received a person who while brushing his teeth accidently had ingested a toothbrush. I was told that the toothbrush slid down the throat while the person got busy on phone call with the toothbrush still in his mouth, he said.

On conducting of necessary tests I found that the toothbrush had got stuck in his stomach very tangibly, making it difficult to remove, he said adding however after a detailed assessment the person was operated upon with due care and the oral hygiene instrument removed removed from the stomach endoscopically.

The incident occurred at around 10 A.M in the morning and the toothbrush finally removed at around 4 P.M in the evening, the doctor said.

The people should be more attentive to such things to avoid any exigency, the doctor further said. (GNS)

 

The Dispatch is present across a number of social media platforms. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for exciting videos; join us on Facebook, Intagram and Twitter for quick updates and discussions. We are also available on the Telegram. Follow us on Pinterest for thousands of pictures and graphics. We care to respond to text messages on WhatsApp at 8082480136 [No calls accepted]. To contribute an article or pitch a story idea, write to us at [email protected] |Click to know more about The Dispatch, our standards and policies