JAMMU: Former legislators, and a sitting district development council member are among the 21 individuals from Jammu & Kashmir who joined Congress on Monday in New Delhi.
Here is the List & brief intro of prominent leaders/workers from J&K, who joined Indian National Congress today, 7th August, 2023 in the presence of Hon’ble Congress President, Shri Mallikarjun Kharge Ji, Shri K.C. Venugopal, General Secretary (Org.) AICC and Smt Rajani Patil, Incharge J&K
1. Shri Yashpal Kundal, Ex-Minister (two times Legislator-Panthar Party). He was the Chief of the SC/ST & OBC Department, AAP Party, J&K. He belongs from scheduled caste (Ravidas community) from Samba.
2. Haji Abdul Rashid Dar, former General Secretary, DPAP (two times Congress Legislator, former Vice-Chairman, J&K Handicraft with MoS status, former Vice-President, J&K PCC.
3. Shri Naresh K. Gupta, Member, Working Committee, DPAP, Vice-President, DPAP Jammu Province, (two times Congress MLC), former District President, Doda, which is the home district of Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad.
4. Shri Sham Lal Bhagat, General Secretary, DPAP (Jammu Province), former Congress MLC (PRIs). He belongs from SC community and also hails from the Doda District.
5. Smt. Namrata Sharma, former Provincial President, Apni Party (Altaf Bukari), former State Mahila President, AAP, former General Secretary, JKPCC, former Corporator, associated with NSUI, Youth Congress and Mahila Congress.
6. Ms. Saima Jan, DDC Member, Chadura, Distt. Badgam, former Provincial President, Women Wing, DPAP.
7. Shri Shahjehan Dar, DDC Member, former prominent leader of DPAP.
8. Prof. (Dr.) Farooq Ahmad (Aga) former Director, SKUAST, former State Chairman, Grievances and District President, AAP.
9. Shri Taranjit Singh Toni, DDC member from Sachetgarh (won against the Ex-BJP Minister), former Chairman of AAP Minority Cell of the state, former President, J&K National Conference Youth Wing, former President, Jammu Student Union.
10. Shri Gazanfar Ali, a senior retired KAS Officer and worked in various senior positions in J&K Govt. He is a strong influence on the youth and Shia community.
11. Smt. Santosh Majotra, State Secretary, DPAP, ex-Secretary, JKPCC (three times).
12. Smt. Rajni Sharma, Provincial Secretary, DPAP,
13. Shri Nirmal Singh Mehta, Zonal Secretary, DPAP.
14. Shri Madan Lal Chalotra, State Coordinator, APNI Party.
15. Hamit Singh Batti Jat Leader (AAP)
16. Ramesh Pandotra, Retd. SP., SC Leader AAP.
17. Vaid Raj Sharma, AAP Sr. Leader.
18. Mandeep Chowdhary, J&K Youth Vice President, AAP
19. Nazir Ahmed Auqab, Chairman.
20. Maheshvar Vishwakarma.
21. Jung Bahadur Sharma, Joint Sec. DPAP.